Visit One of Our Branches and Prep Your Car for a Safe Festive Season
Vehicle maintenance and safety is certainly coming under a great deal of scrutiny this year, especially with the festive season upon us. Unfortunately, road accidents increase during the festive season and many people lose their lives or get injured in the process. A vast majority of road accidents can be avoided with the proper vehicle maintenance and care, and at Thomas Tyres, we welcome you to stop in at any of our branches to have your tyres checked, battery checked or replaced, brake pads replaced, exhaust repaired or replaced, and even your shocks replaced.
At Thomas Tyres, we believe in putting your safety and your family’s safety first. You can find our branches located in the following areas:
- Allens Nek
- Kempton Park
- White River
- eMalahleni (previously Witbank)
Below are a few vehicle maintenance safety tips for you to consider before going on any trips this festive season:
• Ensure that your battery has reliable charge and that terminals are clean.
• Inspect your tyres for any apparent wear, bulges, sidewall damage or similar. Also ensure that each tyre is pumped up to the correct pressure and is actually maintaining that pressure.
• Check your brake pads for any excessive wear and tear.
• Make sure that you don’t overload your vehicle. All vehicles should have their weight limits and capacities printed on the inside of the door.
• Check windscreen wipers to ensure that they can be effective in heavy rains.
• Top up your vehicle’s oil and water levels.
• You can also check the hoses and belts under the bonnet for any signs of weakness, wear or damage. The last thing you need is a breakdown while you are on a long trip.
At Thomas Tyres, we care about your safety. Each of our branches will always advise you to ensure that you have emergency supplies in your vehicle when you are travelling. These include:
• Emergency medical kit. Most modern cars come with these.
• Spare tyre and jack. If your car has lock nuts on the tyres, make sure that you have the correct tools with you to remove them.
• Reflective triangle or warning device, to ensure that other motorists can see you stopped on the road.
• Carry water and extra supplies just in case you happen to get stuck for a while.
• Ensure that your insurance company offers roadside assist before you leave on your trip.
At Thomas Tyres, we want nothing more than to ensure your safe arrival at your destination. We strongly recommend that you pay a visit to one of our branches to ensure that your vehicle is ready and safe for the festive season. Be safe on the road. Protect yourself, your family and the safety of other drivers, passengers and pedestrians by setting a regular and thorough vehicle maintenance system in place.