Wheel balancing is an important consideration for any motorist. When this kind of maintenance is done at least every 10 000km, it helps to prolong the lifespan of your tyres.
Basic car services only address general elements such as fuel filters and the like, so it’s best to have a specialist handle your alignment and balancing. At Thomas Tyres, we’re all about your wheels, which means that when it comes to balancing them, we can ensure efficient, effective service.
How does it work?
Many people think that wheel alignment and balancing are the same thing, but this is not so. The former serves to ensure that all tyres sit at the appropriate angles to the road.
However, the latter is done to help avoid unnecessary vibrations, in the steering wheel or floorboards, brought on by the uneven distribution of weight on your wheel units. To ensure equal load distribution on all sides of your car’s four wheels, small counter weights are used to balance out high and low spots.
Regular wheel balancing can help you to avoid pitfalls such as:
- An uncomfortable vibration that grows worse at high speeds
- The related negative effects on your vehicle handling
- Driver fatigue
- Damaged steering components
- Prematurely and unevenly worn tyres
- Unnecessary wear of your vehicle’s suspension
- Increased fuel consumption
- Improves overall handling and performance
- Reduces uneven tyre wear
- Stops steering wheel vibrations
- Increases fuel economy and mileage
At Thomas Tyres, we recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Have your wheels aligned and balanced at the same time
- Ensure that all four tyres are checked
- Book your car in at least every 10 000km, and every time you add a new tyre
Contact us today for more information about our expert wheel balancing services.